Gozo and Comino Islands
MGARR . CRYSTAL LAGOON . BLUE LAGOON
- Gozo: Spend the afternoon on Malta’s sister Island.
- Comino: Delight in the crystal clear waters at the famous Blue Lagoon.
- Comino: Swim and snorkel in the amazing Crystal Lagoon cave.
- Experience the world below from the underwater windows – Sea Adventure ONLY
- Enjoy the thrill from the huge waterslide.
- Relax on board the boat with air conditioning – Sea Adv only, sun loungers, toilets, and other amenities.
This boat trip from Malta to Gozo is perfect for people who only have a short time in Malta and want to experience the Blue Lagoon and also visit the main sites on the Island of Gozo.
This day trip to Gozo and Comino starts from the tourist town of Bugibba, where the modern and stable catamaran Sea Adventure departs on an unforgettable two island cruise.
From the open sea, you will experience Malta from a truly unique and beautiful vantage point. We cruise close to the coast, witnessing Malta’s magnificent naturally formed coastline, including its enormous cliffs, rocky nooks, and crannies. You will pass the tiny Island of St. Paul’s, viewing the apostle Saint Paul’s statue, rising high into the sky. You will visit magnificent sea caves, allowing you the opportunity to take amazing photographs.
Our first stop on this day trip to Gozo and Comino is the Blue Lagoon on the island of Comino. During high season we depart earlier to arrive at the famous Blue Lagoon before it starts to get busy. We moor for an hour right next to the Blue Lagoon; you will have the best view from our docking position. Use the boat as a base, utilising all the fantastic facilities.
Mgarr Harbour, Gozo
Once at Gozo Island, you will have three hours. You can make your own plans or purchase our land transport for a small added charge. The land transport will take you to one of two fabulous locations where you will have over two hours to explore.
The first location is the Capital city of Gozo – Victoria, named after the Queen of England but more commonly referred to as Rabat by the locals. This small city has a wealth of charm and history to explore, and the first known settlers date back to the Neolithic times.
The crown jewel of Victoria is the Citadel, which rises high above the city’s narrow winding streets. This impressive structure was granted UNESCO world heritage site in 2016. Take a walk around this fantastic fortress and visit several of its fascinating small museums and a state of the art Visitors’ Centre: The Cathedral Museum, the Museum of Archaeology, the Folklore Museum, the Gozo Nature Museum, the Old Prison, the Old Gunpowder Magazine, the Grain Silos, the Battery and the World War II Shelter.
Nestle through the small alleyways of Victoria to the bustling St Georges Square, here you can eat or relax in one of the restaurant’s or visit the imposing baroque Basilica situated there.
If you prefer to cool down during the hot summer months, then the second location is a must. Xlendi is a small picturesque seaside village with a charming bay surrounded by gigantic cliffs and is dotted with small and large caves that you can explore.
Xlendi is excellent for swimming and water sports activities. Show your Sea Adventure wristband to get a 10% discount. Perhaps hire a kayak for only €5.00 and visit Xlendi fantastic sea caves; they are excellent to snorkel in.
If you prefer to stay dry, you can walk inside the Carolina cave, find the staircase in the cliffs, and you will find the entrance on the other side. After cooling down, why not take a speedboat ride towards Ta’Cenc cliffs, where you can enjoy the splendour of Gozo’s rugged coastline. If you fancy a bite to eat, Xlendi also offers many delicious restaurants next to the sea.
Lastly, during high season we stop for one hour at the stunning but less well known Crystal Lagoon. It is surrounded by cliffs and therefore only accessible by boats. With unbelievably clear water, it is perfect for swimming, snorkelling, and diving. Take a plunge into its crystal clear waters from one of our three waterslides, or jump from the top deck if you dare! A true snorkelers paradise, where you can even swim inside the caves.
With the day drawing to a close, we cruise back to Bugibba, but not before entering the Santa Maria pirate caves and viewing the “Elephants Head”, an incredible rock formation.
There is onboard commentary in English, French, German, Italian & Polish.
1hr Crystal Lagoon*
1hr Blue Lagoon
*We stop in Crystal Lagoon from June to through to October in fair weather conditions ONLY.
** We may change the boat to a new large sailing catamaran during December, January, February and March. This boat does not have underwater windows or slides.
About this tour
- We ONLY stop in Crystal Lagoon from 1st June until 30th October.
- We will only stop in Crystal Lagoon if the sea temperature and/or conditions do permit.
- The Captain reserves the right to cancel or alter the trip according to the weather conditions.
- We reserve the right to change routes and/or vessels, as well as start and end locations when weather conditions, shallows, or other legitimate reasons so require. We will, as far as possible, inform passengers thereof in a timely manner.
- We may change the boat to a new large sailing catamaran during December, January, February and March. This boat does not have underwater windows or slides.
- Check-in opens 1hr before departure.
- Check-in closes 15 mins before departure.
- Printed or mobile confirmations accepted.
- Sun loungers are free of charge, however, there is only a limited number available on the top deck.
- Wheelchair accessible but Comino is not wheelchair friendly.
Be prepared for the best day of your holiday by downloading our free informational guide
Still got questions? Have you had a look at our most frequently asked questions page
“We had a fabulous time on the catamaran. It was amazing to swim in the Crystal Lagoon cave and the water at the Blue Lagoon is just so clear. The crew and the captain were extremely lovely and made everyone comfortable!”
ELLA M, UK
“The boat is comfy, big enough and you have ample time to enjoy everything they offer, including the boats underwater windows. They stop at Crystal Lagoon, which is perfect for snorkeling, using their huge slides and jumping into the water.”
LIZA M, POLAND
A submarine vision Catamaran!
Air-conditioned main deck
x1 Huge waterslide
x2 Smaller slides
Disabled Access toilets
Ladies and Gents toilets
Changing Room with shower
Snorkels for hire
26 underwater windows
x2 a la carte bars
Cushioned Sun loungers
Under 4’s play area
Lockers for hire