Terms and Conditions – Sea Adventure Catamaran (SAE)
Article 1 – General
1. The Sea Adventure Excursions (SAE) offers boat tours in Malta, Comino, Gozo and surroundings.
2. We reserve the right to change routes as well as start and end locations when weather conditions, shallows or other legitimate reasons so require. We will, as far as possible, inform passengers thereof in a timely manner.
3. The skipper is always in charge. Safety is paramount.
4. By booking a ticket or renting a boat you are accepting the terms and conditions of SAE.
Article 2 – Day trips
1. Day trips are regular trips that can be booked per person or per group. Reservation can booked through the ticket shop.
2. Our day trips in Malta take place in a submarine vision Catamaran.
3. Passengers (including groups) for a day trip shall be present at least 15 minutes before departure at the departure point agreed in the booking.
4. Passengers should note that one enters the catamaran by stepping off the quay onto a gangway. The boat is wheelchair accessible.
7. There are toilets on board, one of which is wheelchair accessible.
Article 3 – Boat rental
1. The minimum rental for a cruise is one hour and thirty minutes. The boat rental and any catering must be paid within 14 days prior to sailing day, by bank transfer to our bank account. Exceptions can be made only with the consent of SAE.
2. Boat rental from SAE always includes the crew (skipper and host).
3. Reserving the whole boat is only possible via email or contact form.
4. It is not allowed to sublet the boat to a third party.
Article 4 – Waiting periods and delays
1. In case of regular trips there are no waiting times. This means that if you have purchased a ticket and arrive too late on the boarding point, the boat will not wait for you and sae can reassign your seats. Also you will not be entitled to change of date or refund of the ticket.
2. During the excursion if you miss and overstay at any location you are not entitled to a either a full or partial refund.
Article 5 – Transfers
1. You must ensure that, at the Pick Up Time, one of the Passengers has with them telephone (or other similar means of communication) that is switched on and is contactable using the contact number provided during the booking process.
2. Once a booking has been received we will send a confirmation e-mail an estimated pick up time, however this may be subject to change.
3. Drivers details will be sent via email by 20:00 (local time) the day before the excursion, if you do not receive it you must contact us on 00356 99999387.
Article 6 – Execution of the contract
1. Valid reasons for annulment of the contract are weather conditions (hard storm and/or high water) hindering or making the cruise impossible. The skipper determines in first instance whether such conditions apply.
2. In case of misconduct, whether or not caused by alcohol consumption, the skipper has the right to pause or immediately terminate the trip. Persons who are already under the influence of alcohol/drugs at the start of the tour, will be denied access to the boat. The customer’s payment obligation remains existent.
3. Alcohol under the age of 18 is prohibited. SAE reserves the right to request a photo ID.
4. Passengers must follow all instructions of SAE or its employees promptly and without delay. Access to vessels and jetties may be denied without a reason being provided, should this be deemed necessary by SAE , for example in relation to capacity, safety, public order or the imminent threat of damage or nuisance.
Article 7 – Check in and departure times
1. You should be at the vessel at least 20 minutes before the departure time. The boarding will close 15 minutes before departure. If you arrive at the boat later than this, you will not be allowed to board the vessel. If you want to travel on a later boat, you will have to pay the appropriate fare for that excursion.
2. All departure times are current and upto date on the relevant tours info page. SAE is not liable for any conflicting information found in any other locations.
Article 8 – Liability of Sea Adventure Excursions
1. SAE is not liable for any damage to and/or loss of the passenger’s property. The passenger takes all their property on board entirely at their own risk.
2. SAE is not liable for damages to individuals or passengers’ goods, caused by entering or boarding a jetty or boat. The passenger enters these areas entirely at their own risk.
Article 9 – Liability passenger
1. The passenger is liable for damages caused by the passenger to the property/goods used by SAE or third parties.
2. All activities organised by SAE take place entirely at the passengers’ own risk.
Article 10 – General Liability
1. SAE is not liable for personal injury or damage of any nature, regardless of its cause, prior, during or as a result of the trip. Exception to this is damage caused by a deliberate act or the gross negligence of SAE. The statutory damages are limited to the price of the boat rental of the trip in question.
2. Children fall under the responsibility of the parent(s). On request, a life jacket can be provided.
3. Should SAE not be able to comply with their obligations due to force majeure, there is no entitlement to restitution or compensation.
Article 11 – Payment, cancellation and amendments
1. In the case of a booking: in agreement on our offer, we will send you a confirmation of the booking.
2. The client may cancel the order in writing only.
3. In the case of a booking: when you cancel within 7 days prior to the day of the cruise, 50% of the total cost are due. If you want to cancel within 3 days before the day of the cruise , the full price is due.
4. For the catering a change in the number of people can always be made within 3 days. In connection with the purchase for the catering we have to charge the associated costs within 3 days of the cruise day.
5. In the case of extreme weather conditions we will set in consultation and without additional charge, a new date that is going to be carried out within 60 days.
6. Sea Adventure reserves the right to charge a Euro 5 administration fee for all booking amendments including cancellations.
Article 12 – Final provisions
1. Passengers shall be deemed to follow the instructions of the crew on quay, jetty and boat.
2. Wearing stiletto heels is strongly discouraged for reasons of safety and damage.
3 The passenger is expected to take care of the environment and not to dispose waste in the water. All personal consumptions and the associated waste should be taken off the boat after the end of the trip.
4. Obvious errors and mistakes in the information provided, and/or published by SAE will not bind SAE. The Maltese consumer law applies to these general terms and conditions. Disputes must be submitted to the competent court in the place where the consumer or passenger resides.
Article 13 – Complaints
1. If the participant finds a shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement, SAE shall be notified as soon as possible, so that SAE can find an appropriate solution. If the shortcoming is not resolved within a reasonable period of time and affects the quality of the arrangement or activity, this should be reported as soon as possible to SAE.
2. If the complaint is not satisfactorily dealt with on the spot, it can be submitted within 14 days from the end of the arrangement or activity in writing to SAE. A clearly specified account of what the complaints are should be presented.
Try using a different device to make your booking from. If you continue to have issues then please contact us by phone, and we will happily assist you further.
During office hours we aim to process all booking within 2 hours of receiving them. If this amount of time has already passed then it’s possible your booking confirmation has been delivered to your junk/spam mail, so please check there. If not, then please contact us via phone or email and we will happily assist you further.
Unfortunately, we do not accept bookings by phone or e-mail.
If you booked through a Travel Agency such as Trip Advisor, Get Your Guide etc… then you must contact them regards a possible refund.
If you have booked directly on our website then you must contact us 24 hours before your departure date to get a full refund.
If you have booked through a Travel Agency such as Trip Advisor, Get Your Guide etc… then you will need to contact them to reschedule your tour.
If you have booked directly through our website then you must contact us 24 hours before your departure time and we will happily reschedule your tour.
Getting to the departure point by public transport is quite easy, since the Bugibba area enjoys good transport links with the rest of the island. Please check the below table to find the bus route and number for your location.
|Your Location||Bus Number||Stop at bus stop|
If you did not receive your transfer email by 6pm then please check your junk/spam mail. If the transfer email is not in there then please call us +356 2705 4344 or +356 9999 9387
No, however hotel transfers can be purchased as an extra add on directly from website. Please click HERE to find out more
Please check the departure times on the products page.
The boat departs from the touristic town of Bugibba. Please click HERE to view our Google map location.
At this moment in time we only accept cash on the boat.
Yes, you need to bring your own towels as we do not stock these on board.
In an emergency situation there are enough life jackets on board for every single passenger. If you require a life jacket for leisure purposes then there are a limited number in stock which we can provide free of charge. Please speak with a member of the crew when on board.
Yes the boat is wheelchair accessible, however kindly note that Comino Island is not.
At the moment we do not offer vegan or gluten free options on board.
No food and drink is not included in the price.
Yes. We sell hamburgers, wraps, chips etc… We also sell soft drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and cocktails. Please click HERE to view our on board menu.
Yes, you are allowed to bring your own food and drinks on board.
Yes, there are small hand lockers on board which are suitable for valuables such as phones, wallets, cameras etc… They can be rented for €2.00 per locker.
Yes, you can rent snorkelling equipment on board for €5.00 per person. A refundable €10.00 deposit will also be required which is returned if the equipment is returned in a good state
Yes, our transfers include the return.
Our transfers start from €2.00. Please click on this link to find out more.
We pick up from Bugibba, Qawra, St Julians, Sliema and Valletta.
You can book a transfer by clicking on “transfer” from the home page, or by clicking on this link
If you have booked a hotel pick-up you will receive an email by 6pm the day before your excursion with all the pick-up details.
We recommend bringing towels, sunscreen, a camera if you wish, and your swimwear, and any medications you may need. Wearing your swimwear underneath your clothing is the easiest. If you are on the sightseeing tour we advise that you wear comfortable clothing over your swimwear.
If you are on travelling between October- May, you may need a light jacket or a sweater.