Terms and Conditions – Sea Trips (ST)
Article 1 – General
1. Sea Trips (ST) offers boat tours in Malta, Comino, Gozo and surroundings.
2. We reserve the right to change routes as well as start and end locations when weather conditions, shallows or other legitimate reasons so require. We will, as far as possible, inform passengers thereof in a timely manner.
3. The skipper is always in charge. Safety is paramount.
4. By booking a ticket or renting a boat you are accepting the terms and conditions of ST.
Article 2 – Day trips
1. Day trips are regular trips that can be booked per person or per group. Reservation can be booked through the ticket shop.
2. Our day trips in Malta take place on four different vessels Sea Bird, Sea Adventure, Sea Odyssey and Sea Explorer. Our day trips in Malta take place on four different vessels Sea Bird, Sea Adventure, Sea Odyssey and Sea Explorer. From time to time, we may transfer your booking to an alternative vessel.
3. Passengers (including groups) for a day trip shall be present at least 15 minutes before the stated departure time and at the departure point agreed in the booking.
4. Passengers should note that one enters the vessel by stepping off the quay onto a gangway. The vessels Sea Bird and Sea Adventure are wheelchair accessible.
5. There are toilets on all our vessels. Only the Sea Adventure has a restroom that is wheelchair accessible.
Article 3 – Boat rental
1. The minimum rental for a cruise is one hour and thirty minutes. The boat rental and any catering must be paid within 14 days prior to the sailing day, by bank transfer to our bank account. Exceptions can be made only with the consent of ST.
2. Boat rental from ST always includes the crew (skipper and host).
3. Reserving the whole boat is only possible via email or contact form.
4. It is not allowed to sublet the boat to a third party.
Article 4 – Waiting periods and delays
1. In the case of regular trips there are no waiting times. This means that if you have purchased a ticket and arrive too late at the boarding point, the boat will not wait for you and ST can reassign your seats. Also, you will not be entitled to change the date or have the ticket refunded.
2. During the excursion if you miss and overstay at any location you are not entitled to either a full or partial refund.
Article 5 – Transfers
1. You must ensure that, at the Pick Up Time, one of the Passengers has with them a mobile (or other similar means of communication) that is switched on and is contactable using the contact number provided during the booking process.
2. Once you have made your booking, we will send a confirmation e-mail with all the relevant information regards your pick up.
3. On the day of your pickup, wait outside at the allocated location at the time provided in the confirmation email.
4. If the driver does not show up at the given time, please allow five minutes and then call the driver’s number. In the confirmation email, you will find the driver’s number.
Article 6 – Execution of the contract
1. Valid reasons for annulment of the contract are weather conditions (hard storm and/or high water) hindering or making the cruise impossible. The skipper determines in the first instance whether such conditions apply.
2. In case of misconduct, whether or not caused by alcohol consumption, the skipper has the right to pause or immediately terminate the trip. Persons who are already under the influence of alcohol/drugs at the start of the tour will be denied access to the boat. The customer’s payment obligation remains existent.
3. Alcohol under the age of 18 is prohibited. ST reserves the right to request a photo ID.
4. Passengers must follow all instructions of ST or its employees promptly and without delay. Access to vessels and jetties may be denied without a reason being provided, should this be deemed necessary by ST, for example in relation to capacity, safety, public order or the imminent threat of damage or nuisance.
Article 7 – Check-in and departure times
1. You should be at the vessel at least 15 minutes before the departure time. The boarding will close 15 minutes before departure. If you arrive at the boat later than this, you will not be allowed to board the vessel. If you want to travel on a later boat, you will have to pay the appropriate fare for that excursion.
2. All departure times are current and up to date on the relevant tours info page. ST is not liable for any conflicting information found in any other locations.
Article 8 – Liability of Sea Trips
1. ST is not liable for any damage to and/or loss of the passenger’s property. The passenger takes all their property on board entirely at their own risk.
2. ST is not liable for damages to individuals or passengers’ goods, caused by entering or boarding a jetty or boat. The passenger enters these areas entirely at their own risk.
Article 9 – Liability passenger
1. The passenger is liable for damages caused by the passenger to the property/goods used by ST or third parties.
2. All activities organised by ST take place entirely at the passengers’ own risk.
Article 10 – General Liability
1. ST is not liable for personal injury or damage of any nature, regardless of its cause, prior, during or as a result of the trip. The exception to this is damage caused by a deliberate act or the gross negligence of ST. The statutory damages are limited to the price of the boat rental of the trip in question.
2. Children fall under the responsibility of the parent(s). On request, a life jacket can be provided.
3. Should ST not be able to comply with their obligations due to force majeure, there is no entitlement to restitution or compensation.
Article 11 – Payment, cancellation and amendments
1. In the case of a booking: in agreement with our offer, we will send you a confirmation of the booking.
2. The client may cancel the order in writing only.
3. In the case of a booking: when you cancel within 7 days prior to the day of the cruise, 50% of the total cost are due. If you want to cancel within 3 days before the day of the cruise, the full price is due.
4. For the catering a change in the number of people can always be made within 3 days. In connection with the purchase for the catering, we have to charge the associated costs within 3 days of the cruise day.
5. In the case of extreme weather conditions we will set in consultation and without additional charge, a new date that is going to be carried out within 60 days.
6. ST reserves the right to charge a Euro 5 administration fee for all booking amendments including cancellations.
Article 12 – Final provisions
1. Passengers shall be deemed to follow the instructions of the crew on quay, jetty and boat.
2. Wearing stiletto heels are strongly discouraged for reasons of safety and damage.
3. It is strictly prohibited to wear shoes of any kind on the Sea Bird vessel.
4. The passenger is expected to take care of the environment and not to dispose of waste in the water. All personal consumptions and the associated waste should be taken off the boat after the end of the trip.
5. Obvious errors and mistakes in the information provided, and/or published by ST will not bind ST. The Maltese consumer law applies to these general terms and conditions. Disputes must be submitted to the competent court in the place where the consumer or passenger resides.
Article 13 – Complaints
1. If the participant finds a shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement, ST shall be notified as soon as possible, so that ST can find an appropriate solution. If the shortcoming is not resolved within a reasonable period of time and affects the quality of the arrangement or activity, this should be reported as soon as possible to ST.
2. If the complaint is not satisfactorily dealt with on the spot, it can be submitted within 14 days from the end of the arrangement or activity in writing to ST. A clearly specified account of what the complaints are should be presented.